CALL FOR SOLUTIONS 2016
Open Innovation in Agrifood Programme launches the 2016 International Call for Solutions on innovation in the agrifood sector, targeted at people, entrepreneurs, NGOs, cooperatives, and businesses. We are looking for new products, services, business models and technologies aimed at promoting economic, environmental and social sustainability in the agrifood industry.
The 10 best proposals will be selected by a scientific committee comprising experts from the different sectors covered by the Call, and will be invited to participate to the Global Innovation Camp in Turin in September 2016.
The organisers are looking for innovations in one or more of the following themes:
- Sustainable food supply chains
- Food security and equal access to resources
- Shared value across food networks
We will select up to 10 ideas or projects that will be invited to attend for free the Global Innovation Camp 2016. The organisers will cover travel and accommodation costs for the participation to the event for the first 10 winners of the Call for Solutions.
All other selected proponents will be invited to join the Innovation Camp at their own expenses.
The Innovation Camp will be a full week event with workshops, seminars and activities that will help participants to:
- focus on the national and international context of innovation in the agrifood sector, gaining key insights into potential target markets;
- develop and refine the idea or project with the support of experts and other stakeholders;
- meet with potential business and technology partners;
- get ready to present their initiatives to potential investors and established businesses.
From the attendants to the Innovation Camp, the Scientific Committee will select up to 3 ideas that will have access to an acceleration or incubation process for the duration of 3 months in selected partners’ organisations.